Grade Point Average: _________ Class Rank: ______ of ________
School you plan to attend ________________________________
Have you applied? ___________ Have you been accepted? _________
Please answer the following five questions, using additional sheets when necessary.
NOTE: IF YOU CAN NOT ANSWER QUESTION #1 WITH A YES AND GIVE EXAMPLES, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY. THIS SCHOLARSHIP APPLIES ONLY TO STUDENTS WITH A DEMONSTRATED INTEREST IN LOCAL AND STATE HISTORY.
1. During your school years, particularly high school, have you attended or volunteered at any Mason County Historical Commission, Historical Society, or Ft. Mason historical events? (Some examples: Veteran’s Day Dedication of monuments on court house square, Dedication of a Texas Ranger Cross Ceremony, annual Historical Symposiums sponsored by the Historical Commission, visited our local museums and/or Ft. Mason, attended special events at the courthouse, etc.) Volunteer service could include helping clean county cemeteries, clerical work in our office at the library or museums, etc.)
2. What are your long-term plans/goals/dreams?
3. List any honors and awards that you have received and list the extracurricular activities (church, community services, etc.) in which you have been active during high school.
4. Describe your interest in history (local, state, national and world) and how historical events have had an impact on your life.
5. How will your education be financed? What are you going to do, personally, to help defray the expenses of pursuing your higher education goals?
I certify that the above information is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Signature of Applicant _______________________________ Date _______________
DUE TO SCHOOL COUNSELOR BY APRIL 25.
For General Information
Jan Appleby, Chairperson Mason County Historical Commission POB 1542 Mason, Texas 76856 Phone: 325-347-6583 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org